We often talk about the “what” and the “how” of spiritual life, but we miss the “why.” The “why” provides compelling reasons for life in Christ and catapults us toward God with a childlike faith that he desires. Read these and let them move you to join God for refreshment and transformation.
Why Study God’s Word?
1. It keeps you from sinning. Psalm 119:11
2. It helps you thrive spiritually. Psalm 1:1-3
3. It equips you for good work. II Timothy 3:16-17
4. It guides you into spiritual victory. Joshua 1:8
5. It enables you to survive storms. Matthew 7:24-25
Why Pray to God?
1. It brings you closer to God. Psalm 145:18
2. It gives you wisdom from God. James 1:5
3. It allows you to come clean with God. I John 1:9
4. It affords you the peace of God. Philippians 4:6-7
5. It enables you to make requests of God. I John 5:15
Why Fellowship with Others?
1. It reminds you that you’re never alone. I Corinthians 12:21
2. It makes you stronger as a person. I Corinthians 14:26
3. It identifies you as a disciple of Christ. John 13:35
4. It helps you stay spiritually motivated. Hebrews 10:24-25
5. It positions you to experience revival. Acts 2:46-47
Why Worship God?
1. It shows you believe God is without rival. Psalm 96:4-5
2. It proclaims you are filled with gratitude. Psalm 100:4
3. It identifies you a child of God’s kingdom. Hebrews 12:28-29
4. It positions you as a living sacrifice. Romans 12:1
5. It authenticates you as being born of the Spirit. John 4:23
Why Surrender to God?
1. It separates you from false Gods. Joshua 24:15
2. It saves you from eternal judgment. Acts 2:21
3. It gives you forgiveness for your sins. Luke 3:3
4. It frees you from grief and regret. II Corinthians 7:9
5. It seals you in Christ by the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 1:13
We've got BIG NEWS for you: 180 Chicago Church is going places with God. We’re launching a new campus in Chicago’s northwest suburbs this fall. Come be a part of a diverse, gospel-motivated, disciple-making church. For more info, Click here. If you live in or around downtown Chicago — come be part of our thriving church in the South Loop! Plan Your Visit here.